UK University Clearing Open Day at SI-UK London
Worried about not finding a space at a UK university from September 2019? Don't be. Speak to UK universities directly, in person or on the phone, at our Clearing Open Days this August.
If you are interested in studying in the UK from September 2019, do not miss out and register for free entry today.
UK University Clearing Open Day
Day One, Friday 16 August (Register)
Brunel University London
- Brunel's London campus provides everything you could need with world-class sports facilities, a diverse arts centre, Students’ Union, prayer facilities and on-campus accommodation for first year undergraduates who confirm their acceptance by 1 September
- One of the world’s top 50 international universities (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016)
- For many years, all of our programmes included a compulsory placement year in industry, but now we complement the option to gain work experience - in the UK or overseas - with a comprehensive array of support and programmes to prepare you for your future
- Coventry is ranked 15th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2020 and was the UK’s Top New University in the Complete University Guide 2018
- Coventry University achieved a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework – the highest rating possible
- The Centre for Global Engagement offers students the chance to study or work abroad, gaining international experience and the skills to become globally employable
University of Dundee
- The University of Dundee has been consistently hailed for its excellent teaching quality and student experience.
- We are in the UK’s top 30 in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 and the Guardian University Guide 2019.
- Our international student experience is second to none with overall satisfaction at over 93 per cent in the latest International Student Barometer.
University of Gloucestershire
- Gloucestershire is in the Top 5 in the UK for international student support (International Student Barometer 2017)
- We treat every one of our students as a person, not a number. Study here and you’ll be joining a close-knit, supportive community of staff and students who share your passions, academic interests and goals
- The University offer placement year and short work experience options through our Degreeplus initiative, giving you valuable work experience for the job market. 94% of our graduates find jobs or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015/16)
Royal Holloway University
- Royal Holloway is one of the UK’s leading research-intensive universities and is home to some of the world’s foremost authorities in the sciences, arts, business, economics and law.
- Royal Holloway is a top 25 UK university that has a beautiful, safe, and historic campus that is close to London.
- Holloway's close-knit community is all about inspiring you to succeed: academically, socially and culturally.
University of Kent
- Kent was awarded Gold, the highest possible rating, in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework.
- The University offer a wide range of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, exciting study abroad and year in industry opportunities, summer schools, and a generous scholarship fund including awards for academic, musical and sporting excellence.
- The Times Higher Education University World Rankings 2019 places Kent in the top 10% of the world’s universities for international outlook.
University of Leeds
- Leeds is a world top-100 University for academic reputation (QS World University Rankings 2019) and was named 'University of the Year' in 2017 by the Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide.
- Leeds' single-site campus is located in the heart of a vibrant, affordable and student-friendly city.
- Leeds is the first choice for more than 33,000 students from over 151 different countries and offer an exciting choice of over 500 undergraduate and 300 postgraduate courses.
University of Westminster
- Offering over 300 degree courses, Westminster place particular emphasis on providing international opportunities to ensure that students are provided an environment where they can develop skills, competences and knowledge required by the global economy.
- Study abroad and exchange programmes offer students exciting education opportunities in more than 20 countries worldwide from Australia and Argentina to Sweden, Turkey and the USA.
- Home to four campuses in Greater London, three of which are in central London.
University of West London
- The University of West London has one of the best employment rates in the country with 96% of students in work within six months of graduating
- UWL's West London campus is located in what is widely regarded as being one of the most desirable places in London to live
- The University offers a breadth of support and advice concerning both your professional and your personal life, including help with funding, learning support, health and counselling services, accommodation and a chaplaincy welcoming all faiths
Navitas English language and pathway programmes ensure students are given the extra support and assistance needed to succeed at a higher education level. In the UK, domestic students are able to enrol in Navitas colleges to take advantage of the supportive environment to enhance their academic potential.Navitas offers a wide range of foundation and pre-masters programmes to ten UK universities, including:
Day Two, Saturday 17 August (Register)
- Abertay is right at the heart of Dundee, combining all the advantages of a close-knit campus with the buzz of city centre life.
- Abertay can offer you everything you might look for from a university – industry-relevant programmes in a diverse range of subjects, with accreditations from professional bodies, and great career prospects.
- Abertay is Scotland's leading university for environmental science research, with leading-edge initiatives such as the SIMBIOS unit exploring soil bioinformatics, the Abertay Centre for the Environment promoting ‘green’ business practices, and the Urban Water Technology Centre developing innovative new drainage and pollution-control technology.
Glasgow Caledonian University
- Glasgow Caledonian offer a variety of innovative, specialised courses. The lecturers for your chosen course will have good industry contacts to help you with placements and future career opportunities.
- With the Saltire Centre at its hub, our modern, high-tech campus includes moving library shelves for easy access to books, “think pods” with whiteboards for group study, and private “inflatable igloo” study areas.
- Facilities such as the Campus Life desk - our one-stop information and support centre offering help with everything from borrowing laptops to getting council tax rebates - have helped us win awards for our student support.
Sheffield Hallam University
- 94% of Sheffield Hallam students are in work or further study 6 months after graduating.
- All courses have work experience opportunities embedded in each year of study. We work with over 1,000 organisations to deliver 24,000 placements and real-world projects every year, from the BBC, Sony, Adidas and Disney to the NHS, Airbus, Rolls-Royce and Sheffield United FC.
- This year we achieved 86% overall student satisfaction which is our best ever student satisfaction result.
St Mary's University, Twickenham
- St Mary’s University is a modern, friendly institution with a caring atmosphere, a strong academic record and high student satisfaction rates.
- Students of St Mary’s benefit from over 165 years of tradition and expertise in teaching at our historic and scenic Strawberry Hill campus based in Twickenham, London. The local area is beautiful, safe and green with Richmond, Kingston, great parks and the River Thames nearby.
- Excellent rail links mean that central London is only 30 minutes away so you enjoy all the advantages of a perfect location - a personal, self-contained campus community experience in a world renowned city.
University of Stirling
- Join the University of Stirling and we’ll prepare you for a lifetime of achievement at one of the top 150 most international universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016).
- We’re a globally connected University. Almost three-quarters of our research activity is rated either world-leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014).
- We have excellent ratings for graduate employability - over 96% of our students are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (HESA 2017).
University of Sunderland
- Sunderland is a coastal city with beautiful beaches, historical sites and a modern city centre.
- 93.4% of our graduates are in employment, further study or training within six months of graduating, according to DLHE 2016/17
- We’re always investing in new facilities, like our new Living Lab which features a mock hospital ward, a pharmacy dispensary, a dementia-friendly patient's flat and a hi-fidelity simulation suite. We’ve also recently invested over £1m in engineering facilities, including a dedicated mechanical lab and a fluid lab.