UCAS Clearing 2017 is available from July to September each year and, if you already have your exam results but no offers, you can begin using Clearing from July 3rd.
If you are still without a UK university place ahead of September 2017 entry, there is no need to worry. UCAS Clearing helps students find places on courses at universities across the country and SI-UK’s Clearing Service can help you achieve your goal of studying in the UK.
Who is UCAS Clearing for?
- Students who applied after the 30th June deadline
- Students whose exam results fell short of their conditional offer
- Students who received no offers, or chose not to accept any offers
SI-UK can assist students finding available courses at universities they wish to study at. We will then contact the institutions on your behalf and enquire if they would be interested in accepting you as a student. Arrange your free consultation today at our offices in London or Manchester to get started.
Three facts about 2017 UCAS Clearing
1. Not all universities take part
It is important to remember that not all UK universities take part in Clearing, and not every type of course or subject has places available. Elite universities in the UK such as Oxford, Cambridge and St Andrews will not have any available spaces for students because they are already oversubscribed.
Similarly, competitive subjects such as Medicine rarely have any spots left at this time of year due to demand.
2. If your grades aren’t good enough, you can still be accepted
Many universities will consider applicants who have achieved slightly lower grades than standard entry requirement during Clearing, while pathway and foundation courses are also options for students who are looking to enrol at a specific university. Universities do this because:
- You missed out by just one grade
- A grade you missed out on was not relevant to the degree you will study
- The university needs to fill up places on the course
Depending on the course, country specific qualifications will also be considered.
3. Did you get better grades than expected? There is good news...
Have you surpassed the expected grades you received on results day? In some cases the university will allow you to be ‘promoted’ on to a better course.
Apply to study in the UK through Clearing
If you want to study in the UK from September 2017, arrange a free consultation at our offices in London or Manchester today.