If you have decided you want to study in the UK and wish to learn more about the courses, entry requirements, accommodation, tuition fees and scholarships available to you, an open day is the perfect way to have all your questions answered by international officers from UK universities.
Follow these four tips to make the most of your time at an SI-UK event and don't forget we are hosting our largest in-office event yet as the UK Uni Application Week takes place from August 2nd-4th. Register today for free entry!
University Open Day Tips
1. Research the universities attending
If this seems like a daunting task, book a free consultation with us in London or Manchester where our university experts can help you decide which steps to take next.
2. Ask universities the right questions
Although you can find plenty of information about a university on their website, there are still things you won't find online. Here are some suggestions about what to ask when meeting universities at an open day:
- What are my chances of being admitted on to a course?
- Are there any additional requirements for the course?
- Does the course offer internship opportunities?
- What are my potential career prospects?
- Is it possible to do a semester abroad? If so, which countries and universities?
- Am I eligible for scholarships?
- What support services (counselling/career and employability/health etc.) are available?
- What sports facilities are available on campus?
3. Learn about the local area
Find out where the university is, where you will be living, and what local transport and travel is like. Many universities have multiple campuses spread over large areas, so learn where your classes are likely to take place.
4. Write down your questions and make notes
If this might all seems a bit much to remember, make sure you bring a notepad with your questions and also don’t be afraid to write notes during your meeting! Admissions officers will be more than happy to answer your queries and will be impressed if you show a willingness to learn about their institution.
UK Uni Application Week at SI-UK
30 UK universities will be attending SI-UK’s largest in-office event this August in Central London. Our special UK Uni Application Week takes places over three days and you can register for free entry today.