The Trinity College Dublin STEM Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship is awarded to a semester or year study abroad student who demonstrates academic excellence in their area of study and conveys how study abroad at Trinity will aid them in achieving their academic and personal goals.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must:
· Apply to Trinity as an undergraduate study abroad student, i.e. apply to Trinity for a single semester or year for transfer credit from their home university in a non-EU country.
· They must be declared majors in a STEM subject at their home university and must enrol in a minimum of 10 ECTS in STEM modules at Trinity.
· Applicants must apply for admission to study abroad at Trinity via the link here. Please note that Scholarship students must meet the minimum entry requirements, noting especially the minimum GPA of 3.3.
· Submit a complete scholarship application, per guidelines below, by the relevant deadline.
· Please note: Students coming to Trinity via a student exchange agreement are not eligible to apply. If you have questions about your fee status, contact your home university’s study abroad office to clarify.
Students will be selected based on their academic performance to date at their home university. Performance in their major and minor subjects will be particularly relevant to their application, as will be the student’s personal statement. Applications which include personal statements of longer than 750 words, as well as incomplete applications, will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship
Awardees will need to be enrolled in at least 25 ECTS at Trinity on arrival. They will need to open an Irish bank account in order to receive the scholarship, and will be required to fill out a release form in order for the scholarship to be transferred. The form stipulates that the scholarship should be used towards tuition, room, board or travel expenses. Please note that scholarships are awarded to students roughly halfway through the term.
Awardees will be required to submit a one page statement at the end of term describing their experience abroad, including how the scholarship benefited their time at Trinity. The statement may be used for Trinity’s World of Trinity student blog, and/or testimonials and marketing materials.
April 15 for Michaelmas Term and Academic Year Study Abroad, and October 15 for Hilary Term Study Abroad.