Are you interested in studying fashion in the UK? Fashion industry website Global Fashion School published its 2019 rankings earlier this year with UK fashion schools featuring prominently. Universities and schools were ranked across 30 metrics, including resources, teaching and career progression, with a total of 13,500 students polled.
- Subject guide: Fashion
Learn more about five of the best fashion schools in the UK below and, if you want to begin your application to study fashion at a UK university, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK today.
The Best Fashion Schools in the UK
- Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
Central Saint Martins at University of the Arts London is one of the world’s leading centres for art and design, with its fashion programmes ranked the best in the world by the Business of Fashion.
- Fashion-related BA and MA courses range from fashion design, to communication and promotion, to journalism
- Students ranked the school’s teaching resources highly
- Currently, over half of London Fashion Week designers are Central Saint Martin graduates
Five pathways are available at the school including: Fashion Design Menswear, Fashion Design Womenswear, Fashion Print, Fashion Design with Knitwear and Fashion Design with Marketing. Collaborations with external professionals and sponsors such as L'Oreal Professionel, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Paul Smith also take place.
- Kingston University
Based in London, Kingston University's BA (Hons) Fashion has been awarded the Creative Skillset Tick in the fashion pilot, awarded in February 2015.
- Students are very satisfied with University resources including the library and study materials
- The application of innovative technology and IT, combined with the excellent technical skills of faculty members also stood out
- Students ranked teaching highly
Fashion courses at Kingston cover all aspects of the design process – from research and design development, to creating garments using cut and construction. Every student across all levels will engage in professional practice related to their studio work.
- London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London
London College of Fashion at University of the Arts London is a leading global provider of fashion education at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as offering short courses, study abroad courses and integrated masters.
- Provides one of the widest ranges of courses in fashion education, with 27 undergraduate courses and 4 masters degree courses
- A leader in fashion research covering areas such as sustainable fashion practice
- In 2020, the college will move to a new state-of-the-art facility in East London, situated in the former Olympic Park
- University for the Creative Arts
The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) was named ‘Modern University of the Year’ by the 2019 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide and with 17% of its students coming from 91 countries, you will be learning in a truly international atmosphere.
- 2nd largest provider of creative arts education in Europe
- 96% of graduates are employed within six months of graduating
- The BA (Hons) Fashion degree is an award-winning course in the UK with an international reputation for producing world-class talent
Fashion students at UCA enjoy excellent relationships with a range of household name fashion brands, and students work with these companies year after year.
- University of Westminster
The BA (Hons) Fashion Design degree course at the University of Westminster has an outstanding reputation for teaching and developing highly talented and original graduates.
- Each class has its own dedicated studio, equipped with individual design spaces
- Students ranked their workrooms the highest in the survey
- All second year fashion design students complete a two-month internship with designers that show at London Fashion Week
Westminster work closely with the international fashion industry to enable students to undertake unparalleled internships with the world’s leading fashion companies, including Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs.
Study Fashion in the UK
Learn more about studying Fashion in the UK, and arrange your free consultation today to have all your questions answered about studying fashion in the UK.