Applications for Scotland Saltire Scholarships now available
29 January 2019
Available to students from Canada, China (including Hong Kong), Japan, Pakistan, India and the USA who are interested in studying in Scotland, the Scotland Saltire Scholarship Scheme is now open and welcoming applications for the 2019/20 academic year.
The scheme provides scholarships which are offered by the Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. Up to 50 awards are available across Scottish universities, including the University of St Andrews, University of Glasgow and Robert Gordon University, each worth £8,000, towards tuition fees for full time postgraduate Masters programmes in a wide range of subject areas.
Saltire Scholarship Eligibility
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 26 May 2019