Times Higher Education University of the Year 2020 nominations announced
11 September 2020
The 2020 Times Higher Education Awards take place this November and the coveted award for University of the Year 2020 will be taking centre stage.
Widely regarded as the ‘Oscars’ of UK higher education, THE's gala event will take place virtually on November 26th with a select panel taking into account research, teaching and access, as well as evidence of imaginative and innovative initiatives.
The nominations for the 2020 University of the Year prize are:
- Edge Hill University... a former University of the Year winner in 2014/15
- University of Glasgow... one of the ancient Scottish universities and the fourth oldest English speaking university in the world
- Keele University... consistently ranked in the top three in England for student satisfaction
- Staffordshire University... a Gold rated Teaching Excellence Framework university
- University of Worcester... 1st for Quality Education in the 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
John Gill, THE editor, said that while this year’s awards “will differ from previous years, because we will not be able to gather to celebrate in person, the purpose remains the same: to highlight and champion the very best of the talent and creativity that shines out from our universities”.