Scholarships at University of Kent
|Scholarship Name||Community Scholarships|
£1,000 financial support to cover personal expenses and project running costs
Do you enjoy working in the community? Are you interested in helping other people? Have you identified a need for a project?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may be eligible for a Community Scholarship. Completing a Community Scholarship is a great way for you to demonstrate leadership, enthusiasm and organisational skills. Your scholarship project can be related to sport, arts, music, cultural or any other discipline.
What are the benefits of completing a Community Scholarship?
• You could receive an award of up to £1,000 for your time and commitment to your project, as well as up to £1,000 to cover project running costs.
• We provide advice and project management support to help you deliver your project.
• You gain valuable skills to add to your CV.
• You can earn Employability Points for your project.
We only ask that your project application demonstrates the following:
• Your project brief has been carefully thought out, researched and planned to ensure it is viable.
• Your project benefits members of the community (Canterbury or Medway) or the university community.
• You provide a project timeline that clearly states your project milestones and completion date.
• You calculate all costs and resources associated with your project ensuring they do not exceed £1000.
• You must be a registered student at Canterbury or Medway to be eligible to apply.
How to apply
Request an application form and more information by email to email@example.com
You must complete your project in the same academic year that you are awarded the scholarship. If you are in your final year, you must ensure that you complete your project before you graduate.
add to favourites