Coventry University was named 'Modern University of the Year 2019' by the Guardian University Guide, but what makes it such a special place to study as an international student? A key strength of the University is their focus on the employability of international students, with a range of industry-leading initiatives that prepare them for graduate employment in place throughout your time of study.
Learn more about employability and four other reasons why Coventry stands out for international students below. If you are interested in studying at the University, arrange your free consultation with SI-UK London today.
Five Reasons to Study at Coventry University
1. Awards and rankings
Coventry University has consistently performed well in national and international rankings, and Coventry's awards over the last five years speak for themselves:
- 'University of the Year' for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Gold for outstanding Teaching and Learning (Teaching Excellence Framework)
- The UK's 'Top Modern University' for seven consecutive years (Guardian University Guide 2013-2019)
- 'University of the Year' in 2015 (Times Higher Education)
- 'Modern University of the Year' for three straight years from 2014 to 2016 (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide)
2. Fantastic student experience
Data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency revealed that Coventry provided nearly 3,000 student experiences abroad in 2015/16, making it a leader in international mobility. In addition, Coventry scored 87% for overall positive student satisfaction compared to the UK average of 84% (National Student Survey 2017).
3. Nationally recognised subjects and courses
Coventry University is now ranked in the top ten across 12 different subject areas, including film production and photography (1st); economics (6th); mechanical engineering (7th); hospitality, event management and tourism (4th); and nursing and midwifery (7th).
4. Future employability for students
Coventry focus on the future employability of international students, with a range of industry-leading projects preparing graduates for their future career. The Centre for Global Engagement at Coventry offers students the chance to study or work abroad, gaining international experience and the skills to become globally employable. 97% of Coventry graduates were employed or in further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey 2015/16).
5. It’s a great student city
Ranked as one of the ‘Best Student Cities in the UK’ by QS Best Student Cities 2018, Coventry is an exciting place to live as an international student. There are a wealth of sporting, cultural and social activities to enjoy, and the University’s own buildings are all within touching distance of whatever your interests may be.
Study at Coventry University
If you are interested in applying to study at Coventry University, make sure to arrange a free consultation with SI-UK London or Manchester today.