International students choose to study medicine in the UK because of high teaching standards, state-of-the-art medical technology and mandatory professional placement training at NHS hospitals and trusts.
The cost of a medical degree in the UK can be high though. Fortunately, a variety of UK medical schools offer low cost MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine) degrees, as well as offering generous scholarships and bursaries to worthy international applicants, which means gaining a degree in medicine in the UK doesn't need to be an unattainable dream.
Learn more about a selection of affordable MBBS programmes in the UK below and begin your application by arranging a free consultation with SI-UK London today.
Low Cost Medical Degrees at UK Universities
- University of Dundee
The School of Medicine at the University of Dundee is ranked 6th in the UK for medicine (Guardian University Guide 2022) and offers outstanding medical education in a highly inclusive environment. The School focuses on developing a flexible, patient-centred style of care, based on scientific and clinical knowledge.
Throughout the programme you’ll explore clinical cases and will deal with patients early on in the course. In later years, the placements will give you a well-rounded experience by putting your training into real practice.
- What they say: "With around 160 students in each academic year, the size and structure of our medical school helps you get to know your peers and the academics and clinicians teaching you. You'll feel part of our community from the start - especially as you'll be interacting with real patients from early in the course."
- EU and international tuition: £37,475
- Suggested course: Medicine MBChB
- Swansea University
The Swansea University Medical School at Swansea University offers a short accelerated four-year MBBCH programme that provides exposure in clinical practice at an early stage of the programme. Graduates from any field are accepted on to the medical programme and with many medical teaching centres located all over south Wales, students are guaranteed excellent medical procedure exposure.
- What they say: "This accelerated, four-year medical degree follows an innovative, integrated spiral curriculum designed to reflect the way in which clinicians approach patients and how patients present to doctors."
- EU and international tuition: £39,750
- Suggested course: Medicine (Graduate Entry), MBBCH
- Brighton Sussex Medical School
Brighton and Sussex Medical School is a joint partnership between the University of Sussex and Brighton University and was named as the Best Young University in the UK in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2021. Student satisfaction at the school is 96%, one of the highest in the UK, and it offers a blend of traditional methods with the latest innovations in technology.
- What they say: "We are proud of the quality of our teaching, as reflected by our school’s consistent position among the top medical schools in the National Student Survey. Our graduates are among the best prepared for work upon qualification and are making their mark locally, nationally and internationally as their careers progress."
- EU and international tuition: £37,293
- Suggested course: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (BM BS)
Study Medicine in the UK
If you are interested in studying medicine in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK London today. Our international team can help you with all aspects of your medicine application.