With so many people going to university, competition for good graduate jobs is greater than ever before. This can be even harder for international students due to a lack of understanding about local culture, job market, visa issues or just the language barrier. Therefore, you need an edge to give yourself the best chance of landing a good job or gaining valuable work experience in the UK. There is one way to achieve that: internships.
Summer internships and successful graduate jobs with Bradford
A summer internship is a great addition to your profile and job application. It gives you a chance to develop different skills highly valued by companies. You may learn them in class, but you can only learn how to use them in real situations and the University of Bradford focuses on practical teaching and work experience for students.
The Bradford Summer Experience program has helped many international students gain amazing work experience with multinational companies in the UK, which consequently helped many of them secure graduate positions with those companies.
- The Bradford Summer Experience
- Takes place from late May to September and will be six weeks full-time work at least
- You will be paid a training allowance of £320 per week
- There is a celebration and awards ceremony at the end
- Previous projects have included: market research, business analysis, graphic design, computer programming, multimedia, new product development, medical or chemical research and more
Bradford Student Testimonials
- Farooq Ahshad, BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Farooq Ahshad from Bahrain completed a summer internship with PwC – one of the top four accounting firms in the world - and then went on to join a graduate scheme with PwC in the Assurance department, dealing with multinational and top FTSE 100 companies in the UK.
"During my research into universities I heard about how other students had a good experience at the University of Bradford and that scholarships were available. It was also highly ranked for Accounting and Finance, with an excellent accreditation. It's a great place to spend your university life, especially if you're an international student!"
- Abigail Short, MEng (Hons) Civil & Structural Engineering
Abigail Short completed two Summer Internships, the first with AECOM, an American multinational engineering company, and the second with Atkins, the UK’s largest engineering firm. Since then, Abigail started a graduate scheme at Atkins in September 2019 after graduation, working in the nuclear sector, designing both nuclear and commercial structures worldwide.
"I came to an Open Day when I was researching what universities I wanted to apply to, Bradford really stood out to me, the labs here were second to none and I knew it was where I wanted to study.
"The best part has been getting to work in the labs, after lectures you get to put what you've learnt into practice in the labs, I've found it really interesting, especially learning about structures."
Why choose Bradford?
- Triple accredited business school, one of an elite group of business schools to hold AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS (Fewer than 100 out of around 15,000 business and management schools in the world to achieve this)
- 4th in the UK for Chemical Engineering(Guardian University League Table 2020)
- 94% of Bradford’s graduates go into work or further study within six months of graduation (HESA 2017)
- Most courses have professional or regulatory body accreditation and involve work experience
- Awarded Good University Guide 2020 University of the Year for Social Inclusion (Times and Sunday Times)
- The University is a global village with over 130 different nationalities and a £40 million award-winning student accommodation in the heart of the city campus
- Bradford City is the world’s first UNESCO City of Film and the most improved city in the UK, promising great student experience and job prospects
Study at Bradford
Learn more about studying in the UK at the University of Bradford by arranging a free consultation with SI-UK London today.