International students who want to study in the UK need to take an English language test and meet the minimum entry requirements for UK study. The test is taken to show that the candidate has the suitable reading, writing, speaking and listening abilities in the English language required for living and studying in the UK. An English language test is also required for a UK student visa.
If you are looking to prove your English ability ahead of applying to study in the UK, the Pearson PTE test might be just what you are looking for. The Pearson PTE English exam is available to take either online or in-person, ensuring you feel as comfortable as possible ahead of the big exam.
International students can save 10% on their Academic English test by using our special offer code with Pearson PTE. All you need to do is enter 'SIUK10' when checking out. Speak to an SI-UK consultant today to learn more.
Learn more about the Pearson PTE below and if you would have any questions, contact SI-UK today for a free consultation.
Reasons to Choose Pearson
- The Pearson Test is accepted by 98% of UK universities
- Results within 48 hours
- 2 hour exam duration
- Multiple exam centres available across many countries
- ‘International’ English is tested, not just British or American
- Practice tests for maximum confidence on test day
- Send your scores as often as you like, for free
How is Pearson scored?
When you complete your test, you will receive a report to help you understand your score, your skill level, and where you can improve. Each test has 20 question types and each one is graded differently.
Typically, you will need to achieve the following minimum scores depending on what study level you wish to pursue.
- Foundation: 36–50
- Undergraduate: 51–60
- Postgraduate: 57–67
Pearson Test Tips
- Ensure you use correct punctuation for writing tasks: full stops, capital letters, commas, etc
- Ensure each answer you supply is relevant to the question
- Keep within the word limit for writing tasks
- Respond quickly to speaking tasks - the microphone will close after 3 seconds of silence and stop recording!
- Write in capital letters. Only use capitals when needed for punctuation
- Click Next (N) before you have completed the previous task and are ready to proceed
Types of Pearson Test
- PTE Academic
The PTE Academic is an entirely computer based exam of approximately two hours. It assesses reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities in the English Language with the help of 20 different types of tasks in a real life setting.
Suitable for those interested in studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the UK, it can be booked at a short notice online at one of 250+ global test centres. Students are given an overall score as well as a section specific score based on the Global Scale of English (GSE) between 10 to 90 points.
- PTE SELT Tests for UK Visas and Immigration
The PTE SELT Tests for UK Visas and Immigration is a test approved by the UK Visas and Immigration Office for all UK visas.
- Pearson Versant English Test
The Pearson Versant English Test is an automated AI based language test delivered in 100+ countries with a 24x7 availability and can be taken anytime without prior appointment.
Take the Pearson PTE
If you would like to learn more about the Pearson PTE English language test, please contact SI-UK today.