We are delighted to provide new international students* with the International Accommodation Award, meaning the cost of your housing is included in your tuition fees.
The University has several different accommodation buildings. The scholarship is different depending on which building you choose but is either totally free or discounted by £2,000.
The following table is for the 2022/23 academic year:
||Usual Annual Cost
||Discounted Annual Cost
|Cwrt Mawr (Price Band 1)
|Cwrt Mawr (Price Band 2)
|Pentre Jane Morgan
|Rosser G (En-Suite) Postgraduate
|Fferm Penglais (En-Suite)
|Fferm Penglais (Studio)
The Inclusive Accommodation Offer is only applicable if you choose to live in university-managed accommodation.
How It Works
When you make an application to study at Aberystwyth University, you will be given access to the Accommodation Portal, which opens in April.
You will be required to choose the accommodation options available to you by room type and location in order of your preference. The International Accommodation Award offers free accommodation in Cwrt Mawr or a £2,000 discount on the cost of accommodation in our other halls of residence. If Cwrt Mawr is where you want to live, you should select this as your first or second choice. There are a limited number of spaces in Cwrt Mawr. If there are no longer any free spaces available, you will be offered discounted accommodation according to your preferences. If you wish to receive the £2,000 discount, please prioritise these accommodation options in order of preference. Rooms will be allocated on a first come first served basis in accordance with our priorities policy.
If you initially move into Cwrt Mawr, but later decide to move to a different university-managed building, then the £2,000 discount will be applied to the cost of the new accommodation on a pro-rata basis (at a nightly rate, minus any time lived in Cwrt Mawr). Moving accommodation is subject to availability and requires you to complete a Transfer Request.
Terms and Conditions
- Students will be eligible for this offer for the entire length of their course, provided they remain full international fee-paying students and continue to select university-managed accommodation;
- The International Accommodation Award is only applicable through term-time. For undergraduate students, this is usually 39 weeks (i.e., is not applicable over the summer). For postgraduate students, it is usually 50 weeks;
- No discounts can be provided for accommodation that is not managed by the University;
- All normal regulations concerning accommodation licenses and application deadlines apply;
- Students on International English Centre (IEC) Pre-sessional, International Foundation and Pre-Masters courses are entitled to free Cwrt Mawr accommodation.
*Students must meet the terms and conditions to be eligible for the offer.