Moving to the UK and studying in London can be an intimidating prospect for an international student. With so many places to eat, drink and visit, you will want life to be as easy as possible as you navigate your way through the city above and below ground. Taking advantage of offers and visiting friends across the capital is easier than you may think though, with a variety of different apps available to help make things that bit more simple.
If you are not yet studying in the UK, we can help you get started. SI-UK provide a range of university application services that can help you achieve your dream of enrolling on an undergraduate, postgraduate or foundation course in the UK. Learn more by arranging a free consultation with SI-UK London today.
Nine Great Apps for a London Student
- Citymapper is London’s ultimate transport app, incorporating every mode of transport in the capital and providing step-by-step instructions on how to get to your destination. Live updates, real-time routing, departure boards and much more are all provided.
- Santander Cycles is London’s rent-a-bike scheme, costing as little as £2 per journey, with docks located all over the city. By downloading the app you will receive live information about space availability, can save your favourite stations and track your charges.
- Uber is a taxi app that makes hiring a driver extremely easy. Satellite navigation allows you to see where your driver is in real time, and charges are much lower than London’s traditional fleet of black cabs or mini cabs.
- Time Out London means making the best of your time in London and discovering a range of activities to enjoy away from your books. The app will keep you up to date with the latest gigs, events, bars, restaurants, club nights and film releases.
- Dice FM lets you book tickets for a concert, festival or club in an easy and safe way with little or no bookings fees. If you cannot make the concert, there is also an ethical resale section which allows users to trade tickets safely.
- Hidden London allows you to find things to do off the beaten path. Avoid the crowds in popular destinations, and explore a different side of the city.
Food and Drink
- CityMunch allows you to find great restaurant deals in your area. It checks for offers in real time and sends you vouchers to use if you want to go, ensuring costs are low.
- As a student you will often need that extra kick to get through the day or night, and the London Coffee Network searches local and independent coffee shops in your area, allowing you to accrue points for future purchases.
- Deliveroo will become one of your best friends, delivering food from some of the best restaurants in the city. Easy, cheap and convenient, you can find the best deals in town and receive your order in just 30 minutes.
Study in the UK
Studying in the UK does not have to be difficult and we will be with you at every step of your application. Arrange a free consultation today in London to learn more about studying in the UK and London.