University College London is one of the world’s very best universities, regularly placing in the global top 20 across a range of different subjects and parameters.
UCL is also London’s Global University, meaning your time here will provide you with a global perspective that will help you understand the major issues facing the world. UCL courses and teaching are continually reviewed to ensure that the latest discoveries and developments are incorporated into programmes, and international students at UCL are selected on the basis of their talent and potential, whatever their background.
SI-UK is the sole agency officially appointed by University College London to globally support postgraduate UCL applications and you can begin yours - or have any questions you have answered - by arranging a free consultation with SI-UK London today.
Five Reasons to Choose University College London
1. Rankings and Reputation
University College London is currently ranked 8th in the world, joint 4th in Europe and 4th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2022) and has a reputation for academic excellence which spans the globe.
Other key department highlights include the UCL Institute of Education which has been ranked the best in the world for Education for the last eight years, whilst The Bartlett, UCL's Faculty of the Built Environment, is second in the world for the study of Architecture and the Built Environment.
Other UCL subjects ranked in the QS global top 10 include Archaeology (3rd), Anatomy and Physiology (7th), Anthropology (6th), Geography (9th), Life Sciences and Medicine (10th), Pharmacy and Pharmacology (7th), and Psychology (=10th).
2. Postgraduate Courses
UCL’s huge variety of graduate degree programmes offer flexible learning options, allowing you to balance your study with professional and personal commitments. There are over 500 taught graduate programmes (MA, MSc, MRes) and 140 research programmes (MPhil, PhD) to choose from and all graduate students will also automatically become part of the Postgraduate Association of Students' Union UCL.
Upon completion of your graduate programme, the UCL Careers team can also help you plan your next move and ensure you stand out from the crowd when you begin your new career.
UCL Careers benefits include:
- One-to-one appointments with a Careers Consultant
- Bespoke Careers Consultant-led workshops for graduate, international and Master’s students
- Employer-led events
- Talks covering aspects of career planning and applications including finding and funding a PhD
- Job vacancy information and a careers information library with information ranging across the UK and overseas
- Work placement support
3. International Diversity
UCL is considered London’s Global University for a reason - 53% of UCL students and 35% of its staff are international, creating a diverse, welcoming and friendly environment.
Once you are enrolled at the University, the help and support to ensure you stay happy and comfortable in your new surroundings doesn’t stop. The International Student Team has a range of services to help you settle in, including assistance with healthcare, banking and transport, as well as orientation activities and drop-in sessions for anything that comes up in your day-to-day life.
The University is spending £1.25 billion over the next 10 years to create sustainable spaces and best-in-class facilities giving staff and students the tools to take their learning and discoveries further. Highlights include:
- 16 specialist libraries with more than two million books and subscriptions to more than 35,000 journals
- The UCL Centre for Languages and International Education (CLIE) which offers courses in 17 languages, some of which can be taken for credits towards degree programmes
- Three museums, the UCL Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, the UCL Grant Museum of Zoology, and the UCL Art Museum
- The Bloomsbury Theatre and the Bloomsbury Theatre Studio
- Numerous sports and fitness facilities in and around London
- The UCL Student Union which has a range of facilities available for students to use including cafés, bars, shops, an events venue, a gym, and a hair salon, as well as over 200 clubs and societies to join
5. Central London Location
UCL is located in the heart of London, one of the most diverse and multicultural cities in the world.
London is a vibrant global capital and you will be inspired by the unique combination of rich history and global innovation. At UCL you will never be far from things to do in a city which has an unrivalled range of museums, galleries and collections, many of which are completely free. Great transport links mean it is easy to navigate to the rest of the UK, Europe and the world.
UCL's main campus is in Bloomsbury, whilst in East London, construction has started on the new UCL East campus, next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Study at UCL
Are you ready to take the next big step in your personal journey and study at University College London? Arrange a free consultation with SI-UK London today - the sole agency officially appointed by University College London to globally support postgraduate applications - to have any further questions answered or begin your UCAS application.