In September 2019 the UK Government announced that incoming international students who successfully complete an undergraduate degree in the UK may stay in the country for a further two years under its new Graduate Visa Route.
- Learn more: UK visa application service
- Learn more: Working Whilst Studying in the UK
The new scheme aims to provide greater opportunities to international students who wish to remain in the UK after the successful completion of their degree and, after issuing over 250,000 visas to international students wishing to study in the UK last year - 13% higher than the preceding 12 months - the UK remains a premier global study destination.
This new Graduate Route sends a global signal that the UK is open to international students. Learn more about the new visa rules below, and if you want to study in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK London today and begin your UK visa application.
The Two-year Post-Study Work Visa
- The new graduate immigration route will be open to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above.
- Successful applicants will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK for a maximum period of two years.
- The immigration route will be two years long and will require a new application (including payment of a fee) and payment of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- The route is non-extendable and does not count towards settlement. However, graduates who find an appropriate job and meet the requirements will be able to switch into skilled work, which is a route to settlement.
Apply for a UK Visa
If you are an international student who wants to apply to a UK university and begin the visa application process, arrange a free consultation with our fully qualified Student Visa team today.