If you have decided you want to study in the UK and wish to learn more about the courses, entry requirements, accommodation, tuition fees and scholarships available to you as an international student, an open day is the perfect way to have all your questions answered by international admissions officers from UK universities.
SI-UK have a wide variety of UK university webinars and applicant workshops coming up, all online and all free to enter. These events are the perfect chance for you to speak to university admissions officers one-to-one and have your questions answered on studying in the UK in 2020.
Learn more below about questions to ask UK universities at SI-UK open days and events and if you wish to begin your journey towards studying in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK London today.
UK University Open Day Tips and Advice
1. Research the universities attending
2. Ask universities the right questions
Although you can find plenty of information about a university on their website, there are still things you won't find online. Here are some suggestions about what to ask when meeting universities at a university open day:
- What are my chances of being admitted on to a course?
- Are there any additional requirements for the course?
- Does the course offer internship opportunities?
- What are my potential career prospects?
- Is it possible to do a semester abroad? If so, which countries and universities?
- Am I eligible for scholarships?
- What support services (counselling/career and employability/health etc.) are available?
- What sports facilities are available on campus?
3. Learn about the local area
Find out where the university is, where you will be living, and what local transport and travel is like. Many universities have multiple campuses spread over large areas, so it is important to be fully aware of what to expect from your commute to and from classes.
4. Take notes
If this all seems a lot to remember, make sure you bring a notepad with your questions and also don’t be afraid to write notes during your meeting! Admissions officers will be more than happy to answer your queries and will be impressed if you show a willingness to learn about their institution.
Attend an Open Day
SI-UK London always has a full calendar of free university events taking place to help international students learn more about what it is like to study in the UK. If you wish to discuss your UK application with one of our team, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK today.