A master’s in engineering management degree will provide you with the practical and theoretical skills required of modern engineering, alongside the core elements of successful management techniques.
Ideal for skilled engineers who aspire to senior management and leadership roles, a master’s in engineering management will improve a candidate's knowledge and experience in the areas of engineering project management, information systems management and people management.
Optional modules will ensure you can focus on the areas of engineering and management which are relevant to your interests and career path. Almost all UK universities who offer a master’s in engineering and management also provide the option of a placement year.
Learn more about the best universities to study engineering management in the UK below. If you need help applying to an engineering management degree in the UK, book a free consultation with SI-UK Uzbekistan today.
Why Study an Engineering Management Course in the UK?
- UK universities provide a unique understanding of engineering management techniques, informed by the very best in engineering teaching and research
- The UK is home to some of the very best engineering and business schools in the world, meaning the weight of your engineering management degree carries more weight globally
- The UK is one of the global leaders in engineering education, with ground-breaking research, as well as state-of-the-art facilities, helping students get ahead in their engineering careers
- Guest lecturers with big international reputations regularly visit UK universities to share knowledge of their field, helping you keep abreast of the latest changes and gain unique insights
- An engineering management degree will help accelerate your career opportunities
- Engineering management courses provide many opportunities to take advantage of internships and industrial placements, allowing you to get hands-on experience in the field and making invaluable contacts along the way
Master’s in Engineering Management Career Prospects
Engineering management graduates can take lead roles as management innovators, consultants, operations manager, creative director, production manager and production team lead at a variety of public and private companies.
Top Five UK Universities for Master's Engineering Management
The top five universities in the UK for studying masters in engineering management in the UK as per the QS World University Rankings 2022 are:
University College London
University College London is a global leader in the subject areas of business and engineering and its MSc Systems Engineering Management programme “encompasses not only the technical tools and approaches needed to build success in this area, but also the management dimension of the relevant processes.”
- Course offered: MSc in Systems Engineering Management
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh MSc Leading Major Programmes is ideal for students who want to deliver large scale projects at both a theoretical and practical level. Edinburgh is a university in Scotland that offers excellent facilities and varied resources to benefit students including studios and workshops, libraries and collections and career services.
- Course offered: MSc Leading Major Programmes
University of Manchester
The University of Manchester offers the MSc in Engineering Project Management that runs for 12-months and has seen successful graduates go on to work at High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd, Nissan Technical Centre South East Asia and WorleyParsons India.
- Course offered: MSc in Engineering Project Management
University of Lincoln
The MSc Engineering Management at the University of Lincoln is informed by industry and after successful completion of the taught element of the degree, students can either undertake an Engineering Research Project or Engineering Research Project with industry placement. The University of Lincoln is in the top 130 universities in the world according to Times Higher Education Young University ranking 2022.
- Course offered: MSc Engineering Management
The Middlesex University MSc in Engineering Management offers a practical and hands-on experience for engineering students, with access to technology, software, studios, laboratories and workshops all as standard.
- Course offered: MSc in Engineering Management
Study Engineering Management in the UK
If you are interested in enrolling in a MEM course in the UK, arrange your free consultation with SI-UK Uzbekistan today.