An MBA in finance is a multifaceted degree that inspires students from a variety of academic backgrounds to develop a critical understanding of techniques and concepts in financial and risk management.
The UK, being home to some of the top business schools in the world, offers some of the best MBA finance courses. From MBAs in banking and finance to MBAs in financial management, there are many options that students can choose from to study in the UK. Studying for an MBA in finance also opens up a range of career opportunities as the financial service sector in the UK alone recruits 30% of the graduates, followed by consultancy, technology and other global industrial sectors.
Learn more about studying a finance MBA below. If you want to begin your application, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.
Why study for an MBA in Banking and Finance in the UK?
From student-friendly to affordable tuition fees, the UK is one of the preferred study-abroad destinations amongst international students for many reasons. Here is why you should choose the UK to study MBA in finance.
- Short course duration: The UK offers MBA programmes of 1-year duration, which makes studying in the UK a cost-effective solution for students
- World-class education: 28 business schools were featured in the QS Global MBA Rankings 2024, with 11 institutions ranked in the top 100 categories.
- Excellent employment opportunities: The UK is home to some of the business and finance giants in the world. Top companies such as PwC, Deloitte, HSBC and the London Stock Exchange are headquartered in the UK.
- Varied progression options: Graduates also use their MBA in stock market and investment banking after completing a programme.
Popular UK Universities for MBA Finance
Finance is one of the most pursued MBA specialisations in the UK. MBA finance courses in the UK are offered as MBA in banking and finance, MBA in financial management, MBA in finance and marketing and MBA accounting.
An MBA programme from Anglia Ruskin University will help students to develop their leadership skills with hands-on experience and real-world assignments. Course fees are much lower for international students than many other universities, and it is also available as a two-year programme with a work placement.
- Suggested course: MBA Finance
- Entry requirements: A first degree of 2:2 or above plus relevant experience.
- International fee: £19,200
Coventry University is renowned for its MBA programme, including a finance specialisation. The university's MBA Finance curriculum emphasises the latest trends and practices in finance, equipping students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in today's competitive financial landscape. With a focus on practical learning and industry-relevant projects, Coventry University prepares students to tackle real-world financial challenges with confidence and expertise.
- Suggested course: Finance MBA
- Entry requirements: An honours undergraduate degree (minimum 2:2) in a relevant academic discipline, preferably in a business-related subject area.
- International fee: £22,550
An MBA in Finance from the University of Greenwich focuses on sustainability, strategy, corporate governance, business decision-making, and finance. Greenwich’s finance programme will provide students with solid business strategy and financial management knowledge. Applicants will benefit from the ideal blend of theoretical and practical learning that includes attending workshops and sessions by industry professionals.
- Suggested course: MBA Finance
- Entry requirements: An undergraduate (honours) degree at 2:2, or above.
- International fee: £21,000
The University of Northampton offers an MBA programme specialising in finance, providing students with a comprehensive understanding of financial theory, practice, and strategy. With a focus on experiential learning and practical applications, the university's MBA finance course equips students with the skills needed to excel in various financial roles, from financial analysis to investment management.
- Suggested course: Master of Business Administration – Finance MBA
- Entry requirements: A first or second-class honours degree from a British university or equivalent.
- International fee: £17,500
The University of Sunderland's MBA Finance programme caters to professionals aspiring to advance their careers in the financial sector. With a curriculum that blends theoretical knowledge with the development of practical skills, the university prepares students to tackle contemporary financial challenges effectively. The programme provides opportunities for hands-on learning and industry engagement, ensuring graduates are well-equipped to succeed in the dynamic field of finance.
- Suggested course: Master of Business Administration (Finance) MBA
- Entry requirements: 3 years (4 years for Engineering) graduation degree from an AICTE / UGC recognised University.
- International fee: £18,000
Study MBA Finance in the UK
Book your free consultation with SI-UK India today to learn more about studying MBA in finance from the above top UK universities and many more.