Available for all UG applicants classified as international for fee purposes joining the University on the UK campus in September 2023 for the first time from all countries. This scholarship is a tuition fee deduction each year and available for each new year of study should the applicant successfully progress (but not for retakes and applicants re-joining after leaving the University part way through their studies).
Tuition fees will be discounted by £1,000 or £1,300 for each year of study (up to a total of £3,000 or £3,900 over the duration of a 3-year taught course or £4,000 or £5,200 for a 4-year taught course). The £1,000 or £1,3000 scholarship is deducted each year from your fee - not all in one go from your first year of study with us. This scholarship is not available during work placement or study abroad years – only for on campus study. Available on all undergraduate courses apart from those in the School of Health & Social Work and nonstandard courses listed below. The £1000 or £1300 amount will be based on academic merit and also awarded based on recognition of certain initiatives such as trade partnerships.
Term, conditions and eligibility criteria.
- Not available for any School of Health & Social Work UG courses i.e.
- BSc Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging.
- BSc Radiotherapy and Oncology.
- BSc Nursing (all routes).
- BSc Midwifery.
- BSc Paramedic Science.
- BSc Physiotherapy.
- BSc Social Work.
- Not available for non-standard courses in Law i.e.
- LLB (Hons) Law (Accelerated route).
- Not available for Pre-sessional English, HIC or and online courses.
- These may be exceptionally awarded at the University’s discretion on any of the above courses.
- Only available for the September 2023 intake – applicants who fail to register cannot transfer the discount to subsequent intakes unless agreed by the University.
- If applicants join at an advanced entry point (year 2 or year 3) it is still available to them at the rate above i.e £1000 or £1300 per year.
- Only available for UG taught applicants - not during work placement or study abroad years. Study must be at the University of Hertfordshire UK campus.
- Only available to applicants joining the University for the first time – not UH graduates or HIC graduates.
- Applicants cannot qualify for any other scholarships or discounts including: Chancellor’s International Scholarship, Early Bird Discount, 20% Herts Graduate Discount, or International Partner Discount alongside UG Tri Annual Scholarship (unless exceptionally awarded at the University’s discretion).
- Applicants can qualify for the £500 full payment discount alongside the UG all year’s discount if they pay their fees in full by 9 October 2023 for Semester A entry and in subsequent years.
- The UG all year’s discount will be administered as a £1000 or £1300 deduction from tuition fees once applicants register at the University each year - not from their deposit amount. If they have paid their tuition fees in full it can be used for university accommodation (but not for the £150 deposit as this is a refundable deposit).
- For students that withdraw (both student & university initiated); all discounts will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis in line with the fee related liability and all discounts or scholarships will be subject to the terms and conditions of the award.