In September 2019 the UK Government announced that from 2020/21, international students who successfully complete an undergraduate degree in the UK may stay in the country for a further two years.
An international student guide to the new Tier 4 visa immigration rules and regulations which allow graduates to stay in the UK two years after their degree.
- See more: UK visa application service
- See more: Working Whilst Studying in the UK
The new scheme aims to provide greater opportunities to international students who wish to remain in the UK after the successful completion of their degree and, after issuing over 250,000 Tier 4 study visas to international students wishing to study in the UK last year - 13% higher than the preceding 12 months - the UK remains a premier global study destination.
This new graduate immigration route sends a global signal that the UK is open to international students. Learn more about the new Tier 4 visa rules below, and if you want to study in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK Bangladesh in Dhaka today and begin your UK visa application.
Tier 4 Visa Facts
- The new graduate immigration route will be open to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above from the 2020-21 academic year
- Successful applicants will be able to stay and work, or look for work, in the UK for a maximum period of two years.
- The immigration route will be two years long and will require a new application (including payment of a fee) and payment of the Immigration Health Surcharge. The exact fee is still to be confirmed.
- The route is non-extendable and does not count towards settlement. However, graduates who find an appropriate job and meet the requirements will be able to switch into skilled work, which is a route to settlement.
Apply for a UK Visa
If you are an international student who wants to apply to a UK university and begin the visa application process, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK Bangladesh to meet our fully qualified Tier 4 visa team today.