Most nursing degrees last for four years in the UK, and students will cover various aspects of the profession during this time. Compulsory courses in life sciences will take place, whilst placements in various community and medical centres will enable students to gain firsthand experience of the profession.
Your nursing course will be divided into theory and practical elements, with various assessment methods used to track your progress, including presentations, essays, reports and exams. Plenty of time is assigned for practicing nursing, and long hours will be spent on hospital ward shifts.
You will learn about competence, nursing practice, decision making, professional values, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership, management and team working, and an opportunity to take other healthcare modules such as pharmacy, midwifery, occupational therapy, or social work may be provided
Learn more about the five top colleges for nursing in the UK (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023) below, and if you want to begin your application for a bachelor's in nursing at top colleges in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.
Top Five UK Universities for Nursing
Below is the list of the top five universities for studying nursing in the UK, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023.
The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery at King's College London was the world’s first school of nursing, offering some of the best nursing courses in the world. It is ranked as the number one faculty for nursing in the UK and second in international rankings, making it the best university for nursing.
There are four departments in Child & Family Health, Midwifery, Adult Nursing, and Mental Health Nursing, and the school is at the forefront of health services, policy and evaluation research.
- Suggested course: Nursing with Registration as an Adult Nurse BSc
- Entry requirements: IB diploma: 32 points including 555 at Higher Level.
- International fee: £34,786
The three-year BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing at the University of Southampton provides an even share of theory and practice across a host of hospital and community-based placements, supplemented through an interactive skills lab and patient simulator.
Students have the choice of single or dual registration programmes in all nursing fields and the opportunity to plan their own nursing development experience in either the UK or overseas.
- Suggested course: Nursing (Adult) (BSc)
- Entry requirements: IB diploma: Pass with 30 points overall with 15 points at Higher Level.
- International fee: £22,300
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health at the University of Manchester utilises a range of innovative teaching and learning methods to offer outstanding support for academic studies, in placements or personal situations. There are varied pathways for graduates to choose from, and the university provides extensive support to students in finding the right inclination for an enriching career.
- Suggested course: BNurs Adult Nursing
- Entry requirements: IB diploma: 30 points overall, 3 subjects at higher level including at least one science-related subject, each with a grade of 5.
- International fee: £29,500
The University of Edinburgh offers a four-year BN Nursing Studies. It is one of the first universities to offer a nursing degree in the UK (1956), Edinburgh has a long tradition of preparing graduate nurses. Several postgraduate degree programmes are also available, from taught MSc/Diplomas to PhD.
- Suggested course: BN Nursing Studies
- Entry requirements: A Levels: AAB. IB: 37 points with 666 at HL - 34 points with 665 at HL.
- International fee: £34,800
The BSc (Hons) Nursing at the University of Nottingham offers Adult, Child and Mental Health specialisations, whilst the two-year postgraduate MSc Graduate Entry Nursing degree is the best nursing course for students who already have a degree and are looking to start a career in nursing. The School of Health Sciences at Nottingham has a global reputation for teaching, research and knowledge transfer excellence.
- Suggested course: Nursing (Adult) BSc
- Entry requirements: IB score: 30 (with three subjects at Higher Level including Higher Level 5 in a science subject), plus English and maths at Standard Level
- International fee: £28,600
Study Nursing in the UK
If you wish to get into the top and best nursing courses in the UK, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today. Our UK university application experts will ensure your application is ready and submitted without error.