Medicine Foundation Courses
Your path to studying medicine in the UK
If you are an international student who wishes to study medicine in the UK, you may need to study a foundation or pre-clinical course before successfully gaining entry on to an undergraduate medicine degree.
Some courses are a route for learners with a good academic record (in non-science subjects), whilst others are designed to widen access to the medical profession. All are designed to better prepare international applicants for a full-time degree in medicine.
Medicine foundation programmes last for one year and students will generally focus on biology, chemistry, maths and English. The final assessment will come in the form of practical work and examinations.
Where can I study a medicine foundation course?
- University of Aberdeen (Gateway to Medicine)
- University of Bristol (Gateway to Medicine)
- Cardiff University (Medicine w/ Preliminary Year
- University of Dundee (Gateway to Medicine)
- Edge Hill University (Medicine with Foundation Year)
- Hull York Medical School (Gateway to Medicine)
- Keele University (Foundation Year)
- King's College London
- Lancaster University (Gateway to Medicine)
- University of Leeds (Gateway to Medicine)
- University of Leicester (Medicine with Foundation Year)
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester (Medicine with Foundation Year)
- University of Nottingham (Medicine with Foundation Year)
- Norwich Medical School (University of East Anglia) (Gateway to Medicine)
- University of Plymouth
- University of Southampton
- University of St Andrews (Gateway to Medicine)
- University of Central Lancashire (Medicine with Foundation Year)
Kings Pathways to Medicine
Kings is partnered with a number of universities in the UK and Ireland to offer a unique medical pathways for international students.
Other Pathways to Medicine
- Bath Academy (International Medical Foundation)
- Bellerbys College (Science and Pharmacy Foundation)
- Swansea University Medical School (10 Pathways)
- ONCAMPUS University of Central Lancashire (Undergraduate Foundation)
Study Medicine in the UK
If you are interested in studying medicine in the UK, but are unsure which step to take next, arrange your free consultation in London today.