Oxbridge Admissions Tests
Oxbridge Admissions Tests examine aptitude rather than knowledge and help top universities distinguish excellent candidates from merely good ones. Many of these tests have websites with past papers for practice.
University of Cambridge Admission Tests
- Cambridge Thinking Skills Assessment: Computer science, economics, engineering, land economy, physical or biological sciences at some colleges.
- Cambridge Law Test: Law at most colleges.
- Cambridge Language Test: Languages at all colleges except Hughes Hall.
- Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT): Medicine and veterinary medicine.
Candidates may also have to do a preparatory study and an additional test at interview, depending on the college.
University of Oxford Admission Tests
- Physics Aptitude Test (PAT): Physics, engineering and materials science
- Oxford Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA): PPE, economics & management, philosophy, psychology & linguistics, experimental psychology and geography.
- Mathematics Aptitude Test (MAT): Mathematics and computer science.
- National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT): Law (Jurisprudence).
- History Aptitude Test (HAT): History.
- English Literature Aptitude Test (ELAT): English language and literature.
- Classics Admissions Test (CAT): Classics.
- Modern Languages Admissions Tests (MLAT): Languages.
- Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT): Medicine and biomedical sciences.
Imperial College London
- Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT): Medicine.
University College London
The Royal Veterinary College
Those applying to read Law at King's College London, Durham University, University of Glasgow, University of Nottingham or University of Manchester must take National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT).
Study at an Oxbridge University
If you are interested in learning more about studying at an Oxbridge university, arrange your free consultation in London today.