Choosing to study in the UK is an exciting decision to make for a young person, but it can be stressful when needing to consider what to study, where to study and where to live. It is the final step which can seem the most daunting though; applying for a UK student visa.
Applying for a visa is normally the last hurdle in the admissions process; however it is essential that students start preparing for it immediately, saving stress later in time. The UK welcomes thousands of international students to study here every year and SI-UK is happy to fully support and help those from around the world apply to and secure a student visa.
What do I need for my visa application?
Before preparing your application, you will need a number of different documents (all original copies!) to prove who you say you are. These include:
- Your current passport and any previous passports that you have, that contain a UK visa
- Two passport photos which meet the requirements of the Home Office
- Financial documents which prove you have the required funds available to you
- If you are being officially financially sponsored you will need a letter from your sponsor confirming the sponsorship arrangements
- Evidence of previous qualifications
If you are deemed to be in a low-risk country by the Home Office, you might not even need to send in all of the above to obtain your visa. Be sure to have them ready though, just in case.
How do I apply for my student visa?
All visa application forms are now available on the Home Office online portal and your SI-UK consultant will advise you on which one to complete and what documents to send by post following payment. Make sure you back up all of original documents and keep them with you while travelling.
Apply for your visa through SI-UK
SI-UK provides free advice and support for international students who wish to apply to UK universities. Last year we placed over 2,000 students from 90 different countries into UK universities, with 98% of those applying through our services receiving an offer of their choice.
In order to complete your UK study visa application quickly and increase its likelihood of success, your immigration matter will be dealt with in a few simple stages:
- Free initial consultation
- Provide a checklist for necessary supporting documents
- Completion and submission of your online application to UKVI
- Book an appointment for your documents to be submitted at a UK visa centre
- Communicate with UK visa and immigration on your behalf
Arrange a free consultation today to get started.