Financial Technology or Fintech is the use of technology and automated processes to improve the delivery of financial services. Fintech is an emerging industry which has completely revolutionised traditional financial activities through invention and innovation. Fintech is now used in a wide range of sectors including retail banking, education, investment management, fundraising and non-profit.
Why study Financial Technology in the UK?
Studying an MSc in Financial Technology in the UK will help you:
- Understand the current landscape of Financial Technology and its future scope for transforming the world of finance
- Learn about the major technologies of Fintech including cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Learn about the regulatory challenges of financial technology and its applications
If you want to learn more about this emerging industry, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK in London or Manchester today. Our international application experts can help guide you step by step along each stage of the application process.
Best UK Universities for Financial Technology
- The MSc in Finance Technology at Imperial College London is a one-year full-time programme providing graduates with in-demand quantitative and analytical skills
- The MSc Finance at Imperial is ranked in the world top ten and 1st in the UK by The Financial Times
- The skills you will gain are in demand from top recruiters in fintech, and you will graduate prepared to embark on a rewarding fintech orientated career in the financial services sector
- The Msc Fintech at Strathclyde teaches the big data techniques, computer programing and analytics that banks and insurance companies are looking for
- Will help to gain a comprehensive knowledge of Fintech with a blended learning approach including theory, intensive practice and engagement with fintech start-ups
- The MSc FinTech will future-proof graduates from a variety of backgrounds who are looking for a career in this area
- The course content has been developed with companies such as HSBC, JP Morgan, MBN and Sainsbury’s Bank to make graduates more employable
- Graduates learn skills and knowledge to work in the new and emerging fintech sector with the course covering blockchain, scripting in python, cybersecurity and data protection, fintech app development, banking, machine learning and investment regulations and ethics
- The nearby city of Edinburgh is the UK’s second largest city after London in terms of Fintech opportunities with the Scottish government initiating funding and investments to build the Scottish fintech sector
Study Financial Technology in the UK
If you want to study Financial Technology in the UK and have questions about entry requirements and where to study, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK in London or Manchester today.