EU Student Finance in the UK
Funding support for EU students in the UK
If you are from the EU and wish to study in the UK, you may be eligible to receive the same funding as a UK student.
EU students who wish to study an undergraduate course can apply for a tuition fee loan which covers the cost of your tuition fees in the UK, while postgraduate students are eligible to apply for government backed loans worth up to £10,000.
Tuition Fee Loan for EU Students
EU students who have lived within the EU for three consecutive years are eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan.
Full or part-time student
Full-time at a private university or college
Part-time at a private university or college
Tuition Fee Loan
Up to £9,250
Up to £6,165
Up to £6,935
Up to £4,625
EU postgraduate students are eligible to apply for government backed loans worth up to £10,000. The funding is available for both taught and research postgraduate programmes, covers all disciplines and subject areas and is available for full-time, part-time and distance learning students.
Maintenance Loan for EU Students
A maintenance loan is also available to help with living costs whilst studying in the UK.
- EU students who have lived in the UK for a least five years are eligible to receive maintenance support
- The amount a student receives is dependent on where they live and study
- Maintenance loans have to be paid back, but not until a student has graduated and is earning over £25,000 a year
Additional Financial Support
Extra financial help and support is also available to students if they:
- Have children
- Have a disability, including a long-term health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty
- Are studying nursing, midwifery or other NHS related courses
Confused about your next step, or if you are eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan? Arrange a free consultation in London or Manchester today.
New EU Students
- Download an application pack - use the form finder to search the forms you need.
- Send in proof of identity, if needed.
- You’ll receive a letter confirming how much funding you are eligible for, usually within 6 weeks.
More information on applying for student funding as an EU student can be found here.